How I managed to sell eveything.

It is never easy to choose what to keep and what to sell. In my case, I decided to sell almost everything. I kept what I could never replace, pictures of childhood and cherished souvenirs, for everything else it went on the to sale list. Since I am not leaving until next summer, I decided to keep some items for the time being, but they will be sold by next summer.

First I made a list of every item I had to sell, then set a price for every item. I tried not to set the prices too high, but also did not want to end up loosing too much. Many items I was able to sell at the set prices, some were dealt to customers for a fair price. Classified ads in newspapers don't sell so good anymore, so I mostly used classifieds for my region on the Internet, and let me tell you that it works great. I also put many items on my personal facebook account so that my personal friends could have a first pick on items that interested them. This also worked really good. Amazing how some friends are willing to help you out when you have a project like mine. I thank everyone of them, they know who they are.

This helped me save quite a bit of money for my trip. I have more ways to finance my project coming in the next year and I know that all personal friends and people I know will help me out in many ways.

For everyone out there wanting to sell it all to travel. You must really ask yourself one question before you start selling. What can I replace when I will decide to come back home, and what are the things I would never be able to get back? Then go for it, sell. I am sure that the memories I will bring back from my trip will be worth a lot more than anything I have sold for being able to achieve my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics