100 days left before departure

100 days left before my big step into another life. Nerves are working a little more, should I stay or should I go...... not, I'm definitely going. I don't think that there could be anything to stop me at this point. I know I will love this adventure and I know I will come out of it a better man.... well maybe, I guess.....

So what have I done so far to make this possible. Been working part time for the last years at making this the best experience possible. One think I've done a lot is read, read, and read some more on the subjects of solo travel, backpacking and on my destinations. There are so many great blog out there, an unimaginable the amount of information is available. To name all the good ones I would need a whole post by itself to do it, it might be a good idea of working on a list of the best travel blogs I found, according to me, naturally. I know I will not find every answers I'm looking for, but you have got to keep a bit to the mystery in it also.

IMG_1240


So, in the last year I bought most of my gear, I am missing a few things mostly in clothing. I've managed to find a great deal for my plane ticket, destination Peru. I've made sure that every bank and credit cards knew that I would be away for a long period.
  Got passport ready, got a lot of paperwork ready (so I can leave documents of importance only, to someone of trust). Got vaccinated a little while ago. Still searching for a good travel insurance, with a good price naturally. I actually have made my choice a few days ago, just need to apply for it now.

IMG_1241

I had a ''LIST'' of things to do and get done. It's now down to only a few things left to do. Naturally I will probably find more things to add to the list, but so far I'm getting stuff scratched off the list, which is very good.

In the selling everything area, most of it is gone. I still have to sell quite a few things. I have to get back at this very soon. Look through boxes of stuff I still have, put price tags on what I do not want to put into storage. Mostly smaller stuff, but in the end it is a few hundred dollars still waiting to get in my bank account.

I'm still trying to do an accurate packing list, but I guess this will not be possible until I'm only a few weeks away from leaving. I will post this list whenever I'll be satisfied with it.

I've also been looking through which visas I might need for my tour, I'm lucky in a way because most of the countries I chose don't need visas bought in advance. Only a few countries for which I have to keep in mind that it will need to be done. Not knowing when I'll get from one country to another adds a bit of complexity to it, but I'll figure it out.

I started thinking of how I could do a farewell party before I leaving. Get has many people I know together for kind of a fundraiser. I don't actually want to call it that because I'm not expecting to be raising a bunch of money with this, but whatever it will be, I'll be grateful for. What I really want out of this is to see has many people I know before leaving all in one place and have fun, really. I'll have some T-shirts, postcards and maybe a few other things for promoting the blog.

I will be starting to go hiking a little more often in the week to come with the full load of my backpack, mostly to get used to having to carry it around. Getting a little more in shape than what I am right now will be a necessity now that the weather is getting a little warmer here. The snow is gone now here in north-west Quebec, so it's easier to find accessible hiking spots.

The one thing I will need to work hard on is this blog, I'd like it to be fully functional and the way I like it before leaving. I do like the way it looks, but there are things I can make better and probably some things I will take out. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. The anticipation before leaving on your first big trip is the best part! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the best part is to come.... :) but much anticipation going on. It is getting sooner by the day and I am getting somewhat nervous (just a bit).. Thanks

      Delete

Web Analytics