My time in Tarma, Acobamba and Muruhuay


Saturday, July 21

At around 6:30 in the morning I wake up hearing the TV in the next room, I stay in bed and get up about an hour later with a small headache. I go out and wander the streets of the city, I came across a small public market and keep wandering until around 1pm but the headache gets worse when I go back to the hotel for a nap. When I get up, it gets better. The headache is still there but much less worse. Not having a big appetite I spend sometime looking for something to eat but nothing seems to please me so I end up buying 2 ''Gatuso'' (Chinese noodles) in a small market and returned to my room for a small quiet evening working a little on the blog, I also do some cleaning in my bag wanting to take out a few pounds and then I take the time to watch a movie before falling asleep.

IMG_1858

Sunday, July 22 
On the way to Acobamba
IMG_1868

I get up early at around 7am. I take a little time on the internet, Free wifi in the hotel, and then go down to see a if I can have a larger room with private bathroom for my third night for 25 soles (9.55$ Can.) I also order breakfast directly at the Hotel for 12 soles (4.58$)'' a little more expensive but really good'', then a little later I leave and head towards Acobamba and Muruhuay, a walk of about 11 km. It takes me about 2 hours to get to Acobamba where I do not stay very long and hit the road to get to Muruhuay which takes me about 30 minutes. I get to the top of the village to a large church and for the first time I see Llamas full of colored decorations. I went down a bit and found the entrance to the Mirador which cost me 1 sole to have access to the site. The ascent is not very long to get to the summit. So I take the time to rest and have dinner as it's almost 2pm. I still had a ham sandwich for my lunch that I had not eaten for breakfast so then I kept for my lunch. I then take the time to take several pictures and decided to go down at about 3 pm. I asked for the prices of the ''collectivo'' returning to Tarma, only 1 sole ($ 0.38).

IMG_1893

So we are back in Tarma about 30 minutes later and I wander a bit in the streets which are now almost all become a huge public market, much larger than the previous day. They sell everything from dry foods, spices, fresh meat, fruits and vegetables, toys, tools, clothes and of course some kiosks for tourists. I eat around 4:30 and head to the bus terminal for a ticket to go to Huancayo. I found that it's only 2 blocks away from the Hotel after searching for the right place for 1 hour. My ticket for 8:30 the next morning and only costs me 10 soles (3.82$), for about 90km. Then I return to the hotel, I take the evening to post a few articles on the blog and get some rest because the headache is still there at a scale of 2/5, I go to bed around 10:30 because I have to get up early to catch the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics