Buenos Aires - Argentina


Friday Dec. 21st 2012
I manage to sleep in the train until 7am. The cold and not so comfortable seats are compensated by some very nice landscapes in the morning. Fields as far as the eye can see, and I finally see the first big herds of Argentinian cattle (I was starting to wonder where they were hiding them). In some places the fields are completely flooded that gives an impression of being big lakes. At around 8h30 the trains suddenly stops in the middle of nowhere and the old man sitting next to me explains that we must wait for the crossing of the trains, but not sure what he exactly means or if it is really that. We finally leave again at around 12:00 and get to Buenos Aires at 3pm. I go to the hostel ''Puerto Limon'' for 75 pesos a night (15.01$ Can.). I stay there for the evening and have a few beers with a few people I met there. I finally go to bed at around 2am.


IMG_6915
Landscape viewed from the train


IMG_6931
Morning sun while we were stopped on the track


IMG_6914
Argentinian Cattle

Saturday Dec. 22th 2012
I leave at around 11am to go walk around town a bit, I start at the Natural reserve "Costanera Sur" and then go up along the river (or canal) then go back down towards my hostel through downtown. Back there at about 5pm and spend the evening with a group of people, lots of good times.


IMG_6943
Buenos Aires seen from the "Reserva Natural"


IMG_6949
Canal Puerto Madero


IMG_6954
Canal Puerto Madero


IMG_6961
Casa Rosada (Casa de Gobierno)


IMG_6965
Cathedrale Metropolitana


IMG_6966
Downtown Buenos Aires

Sunday Dec. 23th 2012
I go take a walk in La Boca neighborhood in beginning of the afternoon. Then it gets way to warm to walk around town so I just decide to go do the fiesta with some friends at the hostel.


IMG_6974
Colorful houses of "La Boca"


IMG_6975


IMG_7025


IMG_7026


IMG_7029
With the colors of the local football team "La Boca"

Monday Dec. 24th 2012
I meet up with my friend Susanne thats back from Antarctica and we go take a walk into town for a few hours, but the temperature is so very high today (around 46 degrees with humidity), so we decide to go back to the hostel for a beer. In the evening we go out for a Christmas supper in one of the only restaurant that we find that is open. Back at the hostel later for the fiesta once again. The hostel is full and it's the big christmas party for everyone, lots a fun once again.


IMG_6986
Buenos Aires obelisk seen from afar


IMG_6990
And from very close


IMG_6993
Argentina flag with a huge sign behing on a building 
representing the famous diva "Évita Perron"


IMG_6994
Old building

Tuesday Dec. 25th 2012
Ho boy, waking up was hard today. In the afternoon it's much better and it is a lot less warm than yesterday. We go walk around downtown again and in many places it almost looks like a ghost town. Everybody is on holiday, but almost everyone satys at homes with family on the 25th of December, so the only ones in the streets are tourists or almost. Very impressive to see such a big city with empty streets.


IMG_6983
The deserted streets of Buenos Aires


IMG_6984

Wednesday Dec. 26th 2012
Today we leave at around 10am and we go to take the tourist bus that goes around all the major spots in town, we can get off and on the buses as much as we want at any stops on the way. The ticket is only 120 pesos (24$ Can.). We go around like that all day visiting different points of interest and monuments in town. We get back at around 6pm and spend the evening very quiet. No alcool tonight I have to rest. :)


IMG_6998
Plaza Del Congreso


IMG_7002
Plaza Del Congreso


IMG_7034
Modern Buenos Aires (close to Puerto Madero)


IMG_7036


IMG_7038
Torre de los Inglesses


IMG_7048
United Nations Plaza - Floralis Generica
"The flower open and closes mechanically in the morning and evening"


Click on picture to see the whole picture album from Buenos Aires
IMG_7055
Planetarium

Thursday Dec. 27th 2012
I leave beginning of afternoon to go visit the Recoleta cematary. There are gigantic tombstones and the place where rests the very popular "Evita". I meet up there with some friends. We walk around here and there in the neighborhood and have a beer on a terrace before hesding back to the hostel at around 6pm.


IMG_7062
The mausoleums are incredibly big


IMG_7072


IMG_7074


IMG_7078


IMG_7083


IMG_7089
The resting place of the diva "Évita Perron"

Friday Dec. 28th 2012
I take a day off to rest today. I spend the day at the hostel getting up to date on the internet, do some reading and very relax. In the evening I finally go out and go to the cinema to see "The Hobbit". I could not miss this movie on big screen and in 3D. Back at the hostel for a few beers and a game of poker against a few guys and I win 50 pesos (10$ Can.), it's not much but I have won anyways :)

Saturday Dec. 29th 2012
Pretty much the same as the day before. I start being tired of Buenos Aires now and I know that I will be back here after going to Uruguay. Happily we are leaving for Uruguay the next day so I spend the whole day pretty mellow. In the evening I play poker against the same guys again and win again another 75 pesos (15$). Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics